Information for Cottage Owners
Featured on Cottage Life Television
Thinking of renting your cottage?
As cottage owners, we know that deciding to rent your cottage can be a difficult decision. As people who rent out our cottage, we also know it can also be very rewarding.
We Can Help
At Northern Comfort we are committed to providing you with convenient, hassle-free rental management.
We know that your cottage is much more than just a building; it’s your home, and we treat it as such, putting numerous safeguards in place, including:
- Screening all prospective renters to match your criteria and conditions.
- Insisting on a detailed rental agreement that all renters are legally responsible for following, and
- Collecting full rental payment plus a security deposit in advance.
The Benefits of Renting Your Cottage
There are many! They include:
- Helping to offset the rising costs of owning lakefront property (mortgage, taxes, insurance, etc.) or to pay for that new gazebo, deck or boat.
- Security. Rented cottages are less likely to become the targets of thieves and vandals than are empty cottages.
- Taxation benefits, such as tax-deductible expenses (the cost of our service, for example).
- Legitimacy. Many cottage renters prefer an agency handling their vacation. And with our profile in the community and on line, prospective renters call us looking for cottages.
- No registration fees for our owners. You pay for our services only for those weeks we book your cottage.
- All costs (marketing, advertising, mail charges, etc.) are included in our rates.
We take care of all the details involved in successful renting.
- We personally visit your cottage property to determine its market potential.
- We videotape and photograph your property and post this information online.
- We make an individualized information package on your cottage for all renters, listing household rules, inventory, and educational information on your cottage in particular and “cottage life” in general.
- We handle all advertising, mail, e-mail, fax and phone inquiries. We also screen renters, sign contracts and agreements, handle security deposits, statement and remittance of rental revenues, and more!
Our professional management service will save you the time and effort required for a successful rental experience. Contact us for more information, or to list your cottage property.
Rate: $3500/week, Booked for July
Max Occ.: 10
TICO Registration # 50019338 Northern Comfort Cottage Rentals Inc. RR 2 Lakefield, ON K0L 2H0 705-877-9999